Hi all! My name is Melody Casas (Ms. Casas). I am the 8th Grade Education Specialist/Case Manager. As a case manager, I am the primary contact person for parents in charge of managing their child's IEP, scheduling IEP meetings, and providing support surrounding academic and behavior progress. This year I am also teaching a 0-Period PE class. Students will be using Google Classroom in College Bound and REM this year.
A little bit about myself:
- This is my 2nd year teaching! I started my first year last year at O"Farrell, however I do have previous experience working as a case manager, as a substitute teacher, and as a program leader for an after school program.
- Born and raised in Sunny San Diego! I grew up in City Heights :)
- First generation student, meaning I am the first person to graduate from college, let alone to attend college.
- I attended Grand Canyon University for undergraduate and graduate school. I received my Bachelors of Science in Exercise Science with an emphasis in Health Education and a minor in Psychology back in 2019
- I also obtained my Masters in Special Education in 2021 where I earned my K-12 Mild/Moderate Special Education Teaching Credential
I am extremely excited (and sad) to see the 8th graders promote this year, but I cannot wait to see what their future has in store for them :)